Home and office security needs to be the best to ensure the safety and security of the occupants and belongings. The following security tips and suggestions should not be overlooked. Coogee Locksmiths are professional locksmiths that are committed to the safety and security of property owners in the community.
Home Security Advise from Coogee Locksmiths
The exterior of your home should not be overlooked when performing your home security survey. This is because the exterior plays an important role in the security of your home. Start with assessing your shrubs and trees. Any that are overgrown trim, especially those next to windows and doors as burglars can easily hide as they break into the home. Also, be sure there are no broken windows, access to your garage or sheds and no lose tools or items that could be used to break into the home.
Also, place sensor lighting on the front and back doors of your home. Over the garage is also an appropriate area, as well as any dark spots around the home. With sensor lighting, the lights turn on with motion, scaring away intruders.
Your best options to ensure the safety and security of your home is to request a safety inspection from a licensed locksmith. Coogee Locksmiths are licensed and have extensive knowledge of the dwellings in the community, as well as security requirements. Our in home security consultations are free and always provide surveys at a time that is convenient.
- Start with checking the locks around your home. Each door should be fitted with an appropriate lock. And, each lock should be in good condition. All locks should meet the requirements of your insurance company.
- Check the windows around the home to ensure each has an appropriate locking system. Make sure each is in good condition. All locks should meet the requirements of your insurance company.
- Put your inside lights on timers. Televisions and radios are also good to have on timers. With lights and noise going off in different rooms at different hours, this helps to offer the message that there is someone in the home.
- Security alarms are always good to have in a property. Alarms can offer a real deterrent to burglars. Those that connect to security company’s station, providing 24 hour alert are the best.
- Secure windows with security grills or bars. Window security grilles are no longer unattractive like they once were. Many companies offer decorative grilles and bars that are designed to improve the security of homes.
- Home security safes are always suggested to homeowners who have valuables. Items like jewelry, important papers, etc. should be kept in a fireproof safe. A certified locksmith will be able to provide you with the best choices in safes.
- Should you have UPVC and French doors, be sure that they are secure with top and bottom bolts.
- If you have lost your keys to your home two or three times, (even once), have you home rekeyed. This is cheaper than having your locks replaced and always a safer option.
- Get into the habit of closing the curtains when you aren’t home and in the evenings. With lights and the television or radio going off on timers, burglars will not be able to tell if you are home. Also, change the code to security alarms often.
- Be sure that spare keys to your vehicles are not left where burglars could easily pick them up.
Business Security Advice
Business establishments need to be secure. The safety of the occupants and belongings depend on the degree of security. Coogee Locksmiths offers the following tips to help ensure the safety of your business and employees.
- Security train employees. Whether you are a company that has specific entry requirements or one that simply uses a lock and key, there are standards, such as not leaving the keys on the desk, etc. Also, be sure that all employees are trained in emergency situations like an earthquake or flood, should you operate in a high risk area.
- Consult with an established locksmith. Coogee Locksmiths offer office surveys at no cost. This will help to ensure that you have the best security options for your place of business.
- Be sure that all your files and data are protected. For confidential files, have a locked cabinet. A business safe is also a great asset as electronic data files can be kept, ensuring their safety even during a fire.
- Check all doors and windows to ensure that they are fitted with appropriate locks that operate properly.
Business owners should not pass up the opportunity for a free in-office security survey. Coogee Locksmiths offers onsite consultations. The design is to assess a property for its level of security. We then offer our customers the best ways to secure the business, as well as the best security options. For a free consultation, contact us at the number below
Call us at 0415 680 062